Friday, May 15, 2015

Moving On

Well, Spencer and I have taken over our space.  I have grown SO fast and adding Spencer to the tank has prompted my human to upgrade.

So, we got a new 55 gallon tub with a super duper filter!  And some bigger rocks!  And more room to swim around!  It is just awesome!  

Can you tell how excited I am?  My human can.  Spencer and I have so much water in here… we are swimming in every direction.  Right, Left, Sideways, Up and down!  This is GREAT!  Spencer even swam backwards - haha.

As it may have been mentioned before, aquatic turtles require a sufficient habitat to meet the distinct needs we would have in nature (as does any turtle in captivity).  This includes plenty of space for us to dive around.

Our new tank is sixteen inches deep with water and at least as wide.  The best part, it is long.  The length of the tank far exceeds the depth and width by probably double, and this still is not even the best part.  The best part is we are by the window, in the corner of the room.  Now we can see everything that happens in here and sometimes we might even catch the sight of a passing bird outside.  How cool, right?!  I also look forward to the natural scent of the outdoors blowing in.

Mostly, this tank is like a real pond.  We are digging it!  I think my favorite part is floating at the top and then realizing I have all this extra space below me.  Or else my favorite new thing will be to swim behind these gigantic rocks, to explore.  This new territory is exactly what I was hoping for.

Now, if we could just have a few plants, I would probably be the happiest turtle on planet earth.  Well, except for Spencer.  He’s pretty happy too.  But does he really count as a turtle?   I haven’t decided yet.  Whatever planet he comes from, I bet they don’t have the coolest humans to build indoor ponds there.  Therefore, I could be the happiest turtle in the whole universe!  

I can’t wait to see what kind of habitat we get when we’re full grown.



No comments:

Post a Comment