Friday, May 8, 2015

Spencer's Tale

Well, last week I introduced you to Spencer.  Let us this week then, focus on his story some.

Spencer’s tail is way longer than mine.  He must be a boy.  Boy turtles have longer tails and claws than female turtles.  This is true among most species but predominant in ours.  At first I thought he just wasn’t grown into his shell enough.  I wondered what was wrong with him… then he started fluttering his flippers in front of my face and I knew better.  I fluttered right back of course, but after a while I gave up.  He can flirt with me all he wants, I like him enough.

Nonetheless, his neck is longer than mine too.  He is a spindly little character.  Very pretty though.  I mean, I’m pretty, he is too.

He likes bananas …. I wonder why.  My human has tried to feed them to me before but they are un-interesting.  Spencer likes everything.  He likes me a lot.  He REALLY likes the terrarium where we live.  I can’t think of anything that he doesn’t seem to like.  He’s a pretty cool guy.

 

As for his size, he better step up.  I’m about twice as big as he is, yet he is probably twice my age.  I’m unsure how old he is, but I know he is older than me because he keeps trying to play this mating game.  I won’t mate until I’m older, perhaps between the ages of 5-8.  Spencer must be going on about three years old and therefore he’s ready to mate up.  I ain’t having it, not now, not ever!  Ha.  I’m sure my human however would just love to hatch some baby turtles someday!

Otherwise, Spencer is just a turtle with a story to tell just as the rest of us.  I will share his thoughts here from time to time.  Basically, since he lives with me now, this will kind of become OUR story… but I get to keep the name of the blog.  Hehe.  I’m special like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment