Friday, July 3, 2015

Home Alone

It’s been just over a week since Spencer went missing.  We are still looking for him.  Rather my human looks for him a little while every day.  It’s so weird, he’s just gone.  

So now I’m just floating around the tank all by my lonesome.  It’s not all so bad, I’ve been here alone before.  It’s just strange.  I used to be the one to be floating in the water all the time while Spencer hung out on the rocks.  Now I climb to the top of the rocks where he used to go and see the room from his view.  I imagine if he is found my human will modify this space again so that we both have more room to bask at the same time.  She’s always modifying things.

It does kind of stink being lonely.  There is nobody to share my thoughts with - even though Spencer and I don’t speak, we had our own conversations.  Now there is nobody to bump into when I’m swimming around.  Nobody to compete with when it’s feeding time.  Nobody to love me.

Well, that last part is not entirely true.  My human loves me, obviously.  Einstein the cat still likes me enough to sit upon the desktop where he can watch me swimming sometimes.  It’s just not the same as having someone next to me all the time.  Spencer really loved me.  Now I miss the way he would flutter his flippers in front of my face.  I usually ignored him when he did that.  Maybe if he is found, I will pay closer attention to him.

Its weird when you lose someone or something close to your heart.  There becomes a void that never goes away.  It slowly fades into something that was just there before and is not now, but there is always an emptiness that comes with this absence.

For now we continue to pray that Spencer is either found or safe at very least.  We are missing him and remembering all the fun times we had together.  Reminiscing is a safe way to keep his memory alive.

As the saying goes - if he was meant to be ours he will come back to us, if not, he was never ours in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment